Cache mounting as read-only. Need help

GumGum
Go to solution Solved by GumGum,

I started it up in maintenance mode and ran a 'check' on the cache pool. This showed that there were errors, so I ran a `--repair` on it. That seems to have fixed the issue. I then ran a scrub and there were no errors. Will try to reboot back into normal mode and see if everything works.

If everything gets back to normal, I will most likely move everything off the cache and reformat it to ZFS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The errors kept coming back and I was able to identify the root cause as a memory issue. Once I ran memtest on both modules, both showed multiple errors. Waiting for my replacements from GSkill. Hope that helps other folk who have faced something similar.

4 hours ago, GumGum said:

The errors kept coming back and I was able to identify the root cause as a memory issue. Once I ran memtest on both modules, both showed multiple errors. Waiting for my replacements from GSkill. Hope that helps other folk who have faced something similar.

Worth pointing out that sometimes you get such errors because the memory controller is struggling to handle all modules and it works with less modules.   Have you tried repeating the memtest on individual modules as it is very rare for multiple modules to fail at the same time?