UPS advice

Hi all,  I’m currently building my first ever Unraid server.  I have quite a few questions and hopefully this is the best place to ask the first one.  I see someone else is asking a similar question, but as I don’t want to hijack their thread, and as our power usage is different, I thought I’d start my own.

Can someone please recommend a good make/model UPS?  I don’t know much about this stuff, and obviously don’t want to waste money.  My server will have a 750w PSU, but I doubt it’ll use 50% of that.  It’s an 80 plus gold PSU with Active PFC, so I think I need a UPS that outputs pure sine wave?  I don’t need it to power the server for an extended period, just long enough for it to shut down safely.  Not sure if I need to consider anything else, but any advice would be appreciated.

If anyone can also recommend a good site to buy from in the UK, I’m happy to get refurbished too.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Lolight said:

Welcome!

Thank you.  I had tried searching, but hadn’t seen this one.

As people had mentioned they’ve had success with Cyberpower, and that I have a smaller model already for my Synology, I went with a 1500va Pure Sinewave model (CP1500EPFCLCD).  Just hoping it’s as quiet as the smaller model I have.

Thanks again for the link 👍

• Upvote 1