VM auto start wait like dockers

On 2/1/2024 at 6:51 PM, Cobragt88 said:

on the VM tab it would be nice to set a time delay in seconds to allow vnc to fully work for each VM.

The time delay on docker it for autostart sequence on array start. Do you mean a delay with start with vnc before the window opens?

hi no sorry I mean what the picture shows on the advanced view you can choose in seconds a timed wait to allow dockers to wait before they start. I guess i shouldn't have added vnc..... hope this helps you understand what i was trying to say first.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X @ 3.4GHZ

M/B: Gigabyte X570S AORUS ELITE
Memory: 64 GB

Drives:  6 + 1 Parity(40Tb) + 2 NVME VM/Docker Raid 0 (500Gb)

20240206_153402.jpg

15 minutes ago, Cobragt88 said:

hi no sorry I mean what the picture shows on the advanced view you can choose in seconds a timed wait to allow dockers to wait before they start. I guess i shouldn't have added vnc..... hope this helps you understand what i was trying to say first.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X @ 3.4GHZ

M/B: Gigabyte X570S AORUS ELITE
Memory: 64 GB

Drives:  6 + 1 Parity(40Tb) + 2 NVME VM/Docker Raid 0 (500Gb)

20240206_153402.jpg

It will not be simple to add this to VMs as it is not an unraid process starting the VMs but libvirtd, Is there a reason why you want to stagger the start.

You could look to do with a user script. But will look to see if there is a way to achieve this.

10 hours ago, Cobragt88 said:

so i'm having trouble with vm's auto starting it says vnc # is taken so basicly i have to manually start the vm's to get them running. Maybe there's something that needs to be looked at in my config to fix this? I just attached the diagnostics file.

lowenas-diagnostics-20240206-1650.zip 180.5 kB · 0 downloads

I cannot see anything in the logs. Where do you see vnc is taken? Can you provide a screen print of you vm page? XMLs for VMs have autoport set so there should not be a conflict.