LimeTech should sell Unraid-compatible flash drives

I know this isn't a feature request for Unraid, per se, but it's an idea I picked up from someone in Australia who I helped convince migrate from TrueNAS to Unraid.

I've been evangelizing Unraid pretty heavily since I started using it, and explaining the flash drive requirements to people is always a sticking point. Needs to be a quality drive (what does that even mean?) with a GUID (how can you tell before you buy it?) and can't be over 32gb (literally getting difficult these days for some people.)

It would be fantastic if LimeTech sold some Unraid-appropriate flash drives, maybe 2 to 4 gigabytes in capacity, low profile, from a reputable OEM. They could even feature the Unraid logo on the end.

I'd buy two. :D

3 minutes ago, VanGoghComplex said:

and can't be over 32gb

This is not quite true.    It can be any size, but the issue is that it needs to be formatted as FAT32, and Windows does not support doing this on drives larger than 32GB.   Third party tools such as Rufus CAN do this.

27 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is not quite true.    It can be any size, but the issue is that it needs to be formatted as FAT32, and Windows does not support doing this on drives larger than 32GB.   Third party tools such as Rufus CAN do this.

This is good to know. Still feel like a waste to tie up a 32+ gb drive for Unraid boot duty.