Docker for SillyTavern

THought I would share the answer as I needed to play to get it working...

image.thumb.png.ab0a0f3ab240fb3c6a1536cf08afb9ba.png

if you are going to use NVIDIA dont forget the runtime=nvidea setting for extra parameters

The network can be bridge setting I choose to use br0

Important thing is to get to the files which are in config and user.

Because I used sillytavern on the desktop initially I know what files to edit or where to add various bits.

(I would recommend doing this to get familiar with sillytavern files and setup)

Hope it helps someone, because it took me a few hours to work it all out reading the docker files!

Edited by tigga69

Thanks for this post, I try mimic your layout and settings couldn't get pass to start the docker.

Here my logs:

# -- SERVER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION --
enableServerPlugins: false
The listen parameter is set to false. If you can't connect to the server, edit the "docker/config/config.yaml" file and restart the container.
The whitelistMode parameter is set to true. If you can't connect to the server, edit the "docker/config/config.yaml" file and restart the container.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:23 PM, Rath said:

Thanks for this post, I try mimic your layout and settings couldn't get pass to start the docker.

Here my logs:

# -- SERVER PLUGIN CONFIGURATION --
enableServerPlugins: false
The listen parameter is set to false. If you can't connect to the server, edit the "docker/config/config.yaml" file and restart the container.
The whitelistMode parameter is set to true. If you can't connect to the server, edit the "docker/config/config.yaml" file and restart the container.

You'll need to edit your /mnt/user/appdata/Silly Tavern/config/config.yaml

changing:

listen: true

whitelistMode: false

securityOverride: true

Edited by brainbone_
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

at the moment I have two solutions neither of which Im happy with and want to post.

1. I have xrtras running on my PC - yeh it defeats the purpose of running on a server

2. I got a version working using docker compose but its a pain to keep updated!  

when I have spare time, I'll publish my working answer,