Unraid No longer boots from my USB drive?

Go to solution Solved by RobAinscough,

Unraid was working yesterday and today.  So today I needed to update the BIOS/EFI, shutdown (via UnRaid WebGUI), remove UnRaid flash drive, put in my other flash drive with latest UEFI, installed the updated UEFI, modified EFI settings back to what is needed for IOMMU enabled, Virtualization enabled ... all good.

I plugged the Unraid flash drive into the same USB port, try to boot and nothing ... like nothing at all, just a blank screen no prompt to select what Unraid mode to load, nada.

My fear is Unraid has somehow tied itself to BIOS/UEFI version when I entered licensed Unraid?  So now with the new EFI it doesn't think it's a valid license ??   Just guessing here because I have no idea why Unraid just decided to no longer boot?

EDIT: boots into my UEFI with no problem if I remove the Unraid Flash drive.

Rob.

Edited by RobAinscough
Just now, RobAinscough said:

Unraid was working yesterday and today.  So today I needed to update the BIOS/EFI, shutdown (via UnRaid WebGUI), remove UnRaid flash drive, put in my other flash drive with latest UEFI, installed the updated UEFI, modified EFI settings back to what is needed for IOMMU enabled, Virtualization enabled ... all good.

I plugged the Unraid flash drive into the same USB port, try to boot and nothing ... like nothing at all, just a blank screen no prompt to select what Unraid mode to load, nada.

My fear is Unraid has somehow tied itself to BIOS/UEFI version when I entered licensed Unraid?  So now with the new EFI it doesn't think it's a valid license ??   Just guessing here because I have not why Unraid just decided to no longer boot?

Rob.

Unraid does not 'tie' itself to anything.     Most likely thing is that in updating the BIOS it reset the boot options and you no longer have it set to boot from the flash drive and need to reset it to this at the BIOS level.