Passthrough USB bluetooth dongle to docker by-id

Hi guys,
i try to switch from Homeassistatn VM to docker and im not able to passthrough the ASUS BT500 bluetooth dongle to the container.
In dockercompose i already tried somthing like      "/run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro #USB bluetooth dongle ASUS BT500"

I think to avoid problems with the mounting path of the device it would be the best way to passthrough via device-id. But im not able to find the path of the device by-id in unraid. 
Any idea how to passthrough the device to the container ?

image.png.3cc28798535e498d686bfeceba8ea423.png

• 2 months later...

Hello elgato. I recently deployed a container(theengs gateway) using onboard bluetooth(AX201) on unraid 6.12.10 , hope my deployment process could be your reference.  

The first thing you need to do is find the location of the bluetooth hardware, which is usually shown as a USB device. You can find it through Tools → SysDevs. For me it's /dev/bus/usb/001/005 and based on your screenshots, I'm guessing it's /dev/bus/usb/001/011

When you confirm the hardware pass-through parameters, add the device to your container setting and mount /run/dbus  

Now you need bluez to providing the bluetooth protocol stack for unraid OS. It can be installed by nerd-tool plugin or un-get command.

Once the installation is complete, you will find that the bluetooth service is not activated, because the bluetooth module is disabled by default. To enable it permanently, you need:

1. Delete the lines in the config/modprobe.d/bluetooth.conf file in the USB boot drive with “bluetooth” and “btusb”

2. Add "/etc/rc.d/rc.bluetooth restart" to the config/go script file in the USB boot drive

If all goes well, bluetooth will be available for container after reboot.

Forgive me for my lengthy statements. If you have any doubts about the details of the operation, please let me know.

Edited by JKSTAFF