HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 Click at idle?

Beer40oz

Yes I did and I did have an error or something that I am trying to figure out on this thread: SDA is the Hitachi....

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4068.1200

Hi

Just finished preclearing my 2 harddrives after almost 28 hours.

Now there is a message after it was done.... this is for sda 

sorry: /dev/sdboota does not exist as a block device clearing will not be performed

root@Tower:/boot# B

I have to mention that before I did a preclear I did add the 2 harddrives to the array and did the sync that took 5 hours.

After that I wanted to do the preclear witch I should of done from the first time.

(I unmounted them first)

So I started from scratch. I reformatted the usb flash drive then started again and did the preclear.

For SDB has been succcesfully preacleared

*Update

So I did this code: you can use the "-t" option.  It runs in a few seconds and will let you know if the pre-cleared signature is present.

on SDA  the one with the problem and it came back to:

DISK /dev/sda IS PRECLEARED with a starting sector of 64

Am I good to go?

I just had that same error on my hitachi 3TB.

it turned out i accidentally installed an older version of the preclear script to my server somehow.

make sure you have the latest version of the script.

I believe I do have the current pre clear.... since I got it from here.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2817.0

I am just going to wait and see what Joe L. says... maybe I need to pre clear it one more time IDK...

Well Joe L. confirmed everything is A ok....

but why is it now that while the disk is spun up and even playng a vid I hear the drive doing a sound can't explain but like "tu tu tu tu tu" all the time? its an anoying sound but its louder then the EARS drive?

Should I worry?

*Mmmmmmmm  it stopped doing it..... we will see in the next few days or back it goes.... too bad Amazon will only refund me my money because they are out of stock for replacement and now this hard drive is $120.00 to $200 :(

Archived