Parity Sync Finished (or is it?)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, new unraid user here 👋

I'm doing my first parity sync with x2 4Tb drives ETA was around 9 hours. I've got about an hour into the process and it says Parity Sync Finished, which I thought was odd. When I checked parity was still invalid and array has been stopped. This has happened twice now. Can anyone check the logs I've linked to and tell me what's happening please?

>>Screenshot of toast (parity-sync finished)<<

>>Logs here<<

Rather modest system but using an old desktop for testing atm
MSI H61M-G35
i5 3570k
16Gb RAM
x2 4Tb WD Purple
x1 Sandisk 120Gb cache drive

Hi Jorge I did have a look through the system log and it did seem there was a reboot (or two). Hardware issue would be strange as I've been running another freeware NAS software on that box for the past week. The only thing I've introduced is the flash drive. Unless the parity check is particularly demanding and could be bringing some problem to light. Thanks for your quick reply 🙂

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Looks like the server rebooted on its own, no parity check was started in those logs and parity is still invalid, and a server rebooting by itself is usually a hardware issue, or bad power.

Well it's still running which is a good sign. I replaced the thermal paste on the CPU. Thought it was worth a check and it was looking pretty grim. Think that might have done the trick!

• Like 1