FIles are not moved to cache device

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello everyone,

I just got puzzled by the behaviour of Krusader, I might be missing something when I was moving files but my brain freezes and fails to explain the results that you might be able to.

I have moved files from device pool allocated for torrent only to nas array which is actual array that is setup as CACHE->Array. However the files remained on torrent device pool and were just moved into NAS Array folder on that device.

these are the "move from" and "move to" locations. I would expect with my NAS_Array setup files would be moved into Cache device before scheduler moves them to the array ?

image.thumb.png.9c92c1f0d84a48d83121deaf5b5a0fce.png

Krusader and if I navigate from my windows PC shows those files as in NAS_array location, however if I open torrent device pool in browser that where the files are:

image.thumb.png.50c3b515006f4dbc4d7379e2ccdaf5d8.png

my shares are:
image.thumb.png.eb8179623c0800c61142c3d344542c37.png

pool devices:

image.thumb.png.3947023ac6d894113c0392c87e2b26d8.png

NAS_Array configs:

image.thumb.png.f271d43b76bb79e32d3b276f991aa7d4.png

11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I think you are falling foul of the behaviour described in the Caution in this section of the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.   

you mean this one right ?
"

There is a quirk of the interaction between Linux and the Unraid user share system that users can encounter if they are working at the disk share level. The Linux command for 'move' is implemented by first trying a rename on the file (which is faster) and only if that fails does it do a copy-and-delete operation.

This can mean when you try to move files from one user share to another from the command line, Linux will often simply rename the files so they have a different path on the same disk, in violation of any user share settings such as included disks. The workaround for this is to instead explicitly copy from source to destination so that new files get created following the user share settings, then deleting from the source."