Lost Files, Containers, and VMs after recovering with check filesystem UI

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I'm need help in recovering from an unmountable drive. I used the check filesystem option in the UI and I was able to get it mounted and the array started.

It seems I have lost my files, Docker containers and VMs though.  I am curious to what the next steps, if any, to recover these items. I do have a spare blank drive I can put into service in the array if that helps makes the recovery easier. I'm just a little hesitant to do anything more for fear of permanently losing data. I attached my diagnostics file. If someone can point me in right direction from here that would be great.  Thanks in advance.

7060-diagnostics-20240222-2215.zip

Cool. So in looking through the lost & found folders. I did find a file docker.img that predates the issue. Will this help regain the docker setup?

Also, what and when do you suggest I do with the parity errors? Do I do a full parity scan before I start recovering and renaming files?

21 minutes ago, rock2240 said:

Will this help regain the docker setup?

Unfortunately no, that's the only part that doesn't matter, important would be the appdata share.

23 minutes ago, rock2240 said:

Also, what and when do you suggest I do with the parity errors?

Now your best bet is to correct them.

24 minutes ago, rock2240 said:

Do I do a full parity scan before I start recovering and renaming files?

Doesn't really matter for that, but do it as soon as possible.

First of All, a huge thanks, Jorge. I'm back up and running with very little data loss or difference. I am experiencing one issue. I am getting these pending sector warnings every couple hours that go back to normal after a minute or two.  It's alerts for all three drives in my array. What does this mean and should I be concerned? Also, I wasn't sure if this is related to the original problem if not I apologize if I should have created a new topic.  

image.png.19921543ca7f373a6135a2fd971001c7.png

7060-diagnostics-20240226-2157.zip