Hardware read-only USB Stick with Unraid OS

Hello everyone!

I had to come to the realisation, after my unraid not being reachable that I:

• Didn't have back-ups of my USB Stick
  • My USB stick, a Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 16GB has gone into hardware read-only

Which means from what I've read is it's hardware end of life.

Now I've been able to make a ".img" with dd, and zip'ed all its contents into a ".zip" file as back-ups.

But since I'm on Linux (Xubuntu), can I 'just' use the Manual install method to create a new USB stick with either the dd image, or the zip'ed contents?

The new USB is a Verbatim Store 'n' Go PinStripe 2.0 32GB, since I'm not sure what the rights steps are.

Nor the right order of steps, and I don't want to lose the set-up I had, I'm reaching out here.

If going for "Manual install method", would I skip steps 4 & 5 , and replace "newly downloaded ZIP" with the zip file I created from the read-only usb in step 6?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and/or help, that's much appreciated.

And obviously I've learned my lesson and will keep a regular back-up when it's back up and running 😓

You can skip steps 4 & 5.    However since all your settings and licence are in the 'config' folder on the flash drive you could also simply follow the procedure and at the end copy across the config folder and all its contents from the zip you have overwriting the one on the flash drive.