Can PIA & DelugeVPN really be this bad?

I am currently using a Windows machine on a PureVPN which I move files manually to a NAS.  I set up a Deluge container on my NAS using a PIA OpenVPN config file.  The plan was to install all the arrs, but I wanted to test the new VPN provider and Deluge as I will route all my arts traffic through this pivot service and wanted to ensure it's performant  So ,I downloaded a torrent of Ubuntu to test the speeds.  Normally I'm used to anywhere from 3-20mbps download speeds, but I hear people almost getting a full gbps speeds with Deluge and PIA.  I'm on a 2gbps fiber connection with a 10GbE network and device and while on the PIA VPN I can only get 50mbps running a speedtest and the torrent itself maxes out 17kbps.

That's way off what I was expecting, and while everything works, there must be a way to tune this.  At this rate, Ubuntu would take 17 days to download.  So, I took my PureVPN Wireguard config that is working with qbittorrent and added it to the Deluge config and switched it to use the Wireguard config file to compare.  I can't connect to it so something is wrong.  Looking at the logs there are no errors or anything that looks erroneous.  So in the end, I can't compare it to qbittorrent and will need to add VPN's to each service instead of routing it all through Deluge.  I can't find any tuning guides or guidance online so I thought I'd check here to see what else might work better than this setup or manually downloading and then manually renaming before manually moving to the array.