Trying to get Mimic 3 running and keep encountering a permissions error

I hope someone can tell me where I'm going wrong or if this is even a docker problem in the first place.

I'm trying to get mimic 3 from mycroft ai running.

They have a docker image so one would expect it would be reasonably straight forward based on their setup instructions.

mkdir -p "${HOME}/.local/share/mycroft/mimic3"
chmod a+rwx "${HOME}/.local/share/mycroft/mimic3"
docker run \
       -it \
       -p 59125:59125 \
       -v "${HOME}/.local/share/mycroft/mimic3:/home/mimic3/.local/share/mycroft/mimic3" \
       'mycroftai/mimic3'

The above was taken from here.

I'm able to pull the container down and I've mapped the ports which works fine. 
I've mapped the volume exactly as it appears, just subsituting ${HOME} for /mnt/user/appdata/

https://imgur.com/FPscg9D as shown here.

It starts, the webui can be loaded and everything seems ok. The English (UK) voice works.

When you change the voice however I get this on the webui;

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mimic3/.local/share/mycroft/mimic3/voices'

When I look at the permissions of the mimic3 folder in appdata I see it's owned by root but perms are set to drwxr-xr-x like everything else.

Then looking into the logs (attached) it seems like its having a meltdown about stuff missing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

mimic3.log