6.12.8: both cache SSDs with btrfs show UNMOUNTABLE : UNSUPPORTABLE FILE SYSTEM

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I updated to 6.12.8 recently and all went well. However, I had had issues accessing files as Windows indicated that the share was read-only and not data could be written to it. The settings for all shares in unRAID were clearly set to read&write. I had a Mac/Linux friend who is a pro developer over to check if he could access the share or the underlying drives. He couldn't. During that, I created a new pool called Test but didn't assign any drives and deleted it before I saved anything.

Since then, my two btrfs-formatted mirrored cache SSDs have shown the dreaded "unmountable: unsupportable file system" error message. Again, my friend tried a lot of things, but nothing has fixed the issue or change anything. I can see that I still have hundreds of GBs on each cache SSD.

I hope that someone here could point me into the right direction of recovering all that data. All I believe I did that caused this issue was create a pool and delete it without ever saving and using it. Many thanks in advance for any help!

green5-diagnostics-20240307-1523.zip

• 2 weeks later...