Failed Array Help

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

So, This actually happened a a couple weeks ago I realized the array was offline.

Leading up to the failure here's the changes I made:

1. I added an older 1TB SSD drive as a data drive in position DISK 4 and joined it to the array.

2. Parity Drive is a  Seagate 8TB rotating drive, in poisition Parity 2 that is DISABLED due to SMART errors. 

3. When I found the error - I shut down the server.

3. When I rebooted and brought the system back online after 2 weeks (didnt have time to work on it) I notice the Disk 4 SSD is listed as WRONG and Parity 2 is DISABLED.

I have purchased a new 8TB parity drive for replacement, the old one is still hooked up SMART says its ok for now.

I can guarantee ZERO data was added to the 1TB SSD but not sure that really matters in this instance.

How might I proceed to troubleshoot this? 

tower-diagnostics-20240312-1632.zip

14 hours ago, Michael Brown said:

I notice the Disk 4 SSD is listed as WRONG

This is likely because of a bug, make sure you update to v6.12.8, but since it's MBR it may be more difficult to recover, did you have any data on that disk or was it still empty?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 7:04 AM, JorgeB said:

This is likely because of a bug, make sure you update to v6.12.8, but since it's MBR it may be more difficult to recover, did you have any data on that disk or was it still empty?

It was completely empty. If I can get to the data on the rest of the drives and rebuild the parity......that would be great 🙂

That was painless. Thank you. Lots of anxiety with no real reason. New Config in the tools section, assigned drives back to their locations, start. All files available. Parity rebuilding. 

The SSD is still funky - gonna remove it.

Thank you again.

• Like 1