Going from single SSD Cache in XFS to dual SSD Cache in RAID1 - Do I need to switch to BTRFS?

Hi guys,

Had a very very close call with appdata and learned my lesson. I set up a new single cache drive in XFS yesterday and now want to add a second one in RAID1. Do I need to go to BTRFS to do this? Isn' BTRFS problematic at times?

What would be my best way forward here.

Sidenote I'm running the new Appdata plugin as we speak, was running the old one for years apparently so was operating without a net the whole time I was dealing with my SSD failure, yikes.

28 minutes ago, caplam said:

no raid pool in unraid with xfs.

I guess you have to go with btrfs perhaps zfs too. 

Thanks I guess ZFS is the preferred option given BTRFS's issues?

Also, to do the switch of file systems I assume I'd need to get everything from ssd cache onto the array first eh? That kinda blows hehe

All three of my pools are BTRFS.  Running at least one server for the past 3 years and never had an issue with BTRFS.

ZFS has had its issues as well.  Perhaps growing pains being newly implemented on Unraid, but don't expect zero issues or unexpected compromises.

If you keep a current backup of your appdata share, recovering from an issue, while annoying, is usually not a big issue.

Edited by ConnerVT