Unraid freezes and is no longer accessible

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hey everyone

I have the problem with my Unraid that it is no longer accessible at irregular intervals. Only when I do a hard reset of the PC does it work again.

At first this happened 2-3 times a week. Now it happens every 1-2 hours.

I first had the USB stick with Unraid on the USB 3.0 port and have now changed to a USB 2.0 port, which unfortunately did not help.

I use a Geekom Mini Air 12 with Intel N100, 16GB DDR5, 512GB mvme for cache and a HDD for my data.

I currently only use Jellyfin and Fenrus on my Unraid.

I have already deactivated all sleep modes in the UPS settings, unfortunately without success.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much

miniteufel-diagnostics-20240320-1857.zip

• Solution

The syslog in the diagnostics is the RAM version that starts afresh every time the system is booted.  You should enable the syslog server (probably with the option to Mirror to Flash set) to get a syslog that survives a reboot so we can see what leads up to a crash.  The mirror to flash option is the easiest to set up (and if used the file is then automatically included in any diagnostics), but if you are worried about excessive wear on the flash drive you can put your server's address into the remote server field. 

However the syslog in the diagnostics you did post suggests you may have had macvlan crashes - these will eventually bring down the server.   The recommendation is to switch docker networking to use ipvlan which is more stable.  If you want to continue to use macvlan then make sure that bridging is disabled on eth0.

You also are loading a LOT of extras so any of them may be causing an issue - does the problem still occur if you boot in Safe Mode to stop plugins and extras from being loaded?