Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello everyone,

One of my two array devices reports the "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system" error. I have already searched a little here in the forum for a solution and read that formatting and restoring should not necessarily be the first solution. However, I have not found a good answer as to what else I should do at this point.

I have already run through the Check Filesystem status, which has given me that there is an error and I should look into the log.

In addition, I started the array once without the affected disk and then restarted it so that the array emulated it.

I suspect the error occurred because the NAS had no power for a short time.

Can someone give me useful tips on the fix? Thank you very much for the effort.

cloud-diagnostics-20240227-1757.zip

19 minutes ago, M41k said:

that formatting and restoring should not necessarily be the first solution

That is not a solution, unless you want to delete everything in the disk.

There's filesystem corruption with xfs and btrfs filesystems, and this error from btrfs:

write time tree block corruption detected

usually means a RAM issue, start by running memtest

Thank you very much for the quick response. The test is currently underway. I still have an unused RAM memory here anyway, does it make sense to replace the old memory right away or better wait until the test has gone through?

The check immediately throws out the following error:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

Should I really export the test with the argument -L or are there other suggestions?