Route one Unraid server through another

I have an Unraid server (A) with a dual 10G NIC. As I'm running low on 10G ports on my switch, I came up with the idea to connect the second 10G port to another Unraid server (B) that has a 2.5G NIC. That way I use only one 10G port on my switch to connect 2 servers one with 10 G the other with 2.5 G. 

Server A sees server B and vice versa and I can transfer files between them, nice. What does not work is to access Server B from the LAN (through Server A).

Tried to set the network ports on A both as separate nics and as a bridge. And tried to put B into the same and a different subnet as A with the gateway set to the IP address of the connected port on A. But nothing works.

If I add another NIC to B and connect it directly to the LAN (via 1 GbE port on switch), I can connect to B from the LAN. But then transfer between B and the LAN is only 1 G.

Maybe I need to put the NIC on A into promiscuous mode or add some VM on A that handles the routing?

Any tips appreciated. 

Edited by Pete