Server unresponsive (WebGUI, ssh, console logon timeout), still responds to pings for 20-40 minutes

I have had this occur twice thrice since upgrading from 6.12.6 to 6.12.8 (just happened again while writing this post)

This issue also may be related to creation of new Windows 11 VMs as both times it happened was during setting up of new VMs. 

I hadn't made the connection between VM<>hanging during the first crash yet so cannot remember exactly what I was doing, but the second hang occurred as I was seconds into the Windows 11 install (selecting language settings) using the following ISO via SPICE: en-gb_windows_11_business_editions_version_23h2_updated_feb_2024_x64_dvd_d1d5d364.iso 

Note, I was having issues with noVNC on the VM I was setting up on 18th March, which I hadn't had in the past setting up my Windows 11 and Windows Server VMs with 6.12.6, hence I moved to using SPICE, and started using SPICE directly for the second VM. 

All three times this happened, I patiently waited and eventually it came back. I mainly did this because I could tell some other functions were still working fine. 

Other VMs were still reachable as normal on their own IPs. 

I'm not sure if it's related to services on the same pinned cores or sharing the same network bridge as it keeps happening during work hours when I don't have a whole lot of time to investigate. 

Attached the three diagnostics downloaded soon after the hangs occurred. The server was upgraded to 6.12.8 and has not been rebooted since. All three hangs have occurred since. 

define-diagnostics-20240318-1458.zip define-diagnostics-20240322-1540.zip define-diagnostics-20240322-1643.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more updates... on 6.12.10... just happened again. 

As far as I can tell there's some networking problem as everything on my Unraid boxes main IP is failing when this occurs. 

IPv4 address is 10.10.10.250 and nothing responds on it. Not Unraid Web GUI, not containers exposing ports on it through a custom bridge network. 

Other containers bridged to separate networks continue working fine throughout the outage.