Can't run docker containers

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

My docker containers won't start anymore, I guess I somehow messed up by running the permission reset tool. docker run for jellyfin (as an example) shows:

docker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-jellyfin'
  --net='eth0'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Mimir"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-jellyfin"
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8096'='8096'
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8096]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/jellyfin-icon.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/Plex/':'/media':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-jellyfin':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-jellyfin'

e9f1ffb2ec3a305ab4ed5c54985f5bf300187d42415aad833edee7127869d386
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/usr/bin/dumb-init": permission denied: unknown.

• Solution

If the containers don't have a built in permission fix setting, (some of binhex's do) then the easiest way is to delete the appdata and start over. That will lose all your settings and data however. Otherwise it's probably going to be a tedious process of manually setting the permissions to what is needed, the only way I can think of would be do a second install and see what the permissions were on a running install and emulate them.

Each container will be different, so I recommend asking in the support thread for the specific containers you are working on to see if there may be a shortcut to fixing it.