Remove Duplicate Empty Appdata

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I am seeing an empty duplicate appdata share in my shares tab. Weirdest part is when I try to peer into the contents, there is nothing. Here is a picture for context.

image.thumb.png.dc9b6dd2a970e871b92de9d894ab8935.png

I figured I could go into command line and try rmdir on it but it has some "\r\r" after the name and im pretty confused by what that is. The following is what I see. Tried rebooting to no avail also.

image.png.33d8be74a144ced2e5253a4456f29fc6.png

I think the problem is that I recently upgraded some hardware on my system and in my infinite wisdom started up unraid after forgetting to plug in the sata ssd drive I was using as my appdata storage. I imagine unraid may have compensated and placed this ghost appdata on the array.

Any help to remove this would be appreciated.

Edited by Scheev
  • Solution
4 hours ago, Scheev said:

figured I could go into command line and try rmdir on it but it has some "\r\r" after the name and im pretty confused by what that is. The following is what I see. Tried rebooting to no avail also.

The \r indicates a carriage return that you have somehow appended to the name.   You need to get rid of that folder to tidy things up.   Not sure if Dynamix File Manager will be able to delete that folder or not. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Huh genuinely confused as to how that would've happened. The mention of carriage returns in the folder name let me understand what I needed to google. Dynamix wasn't able to handle it, it would try to delete but seemingly fail and wouldn't provide any info as to why.

Found this link https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/60779/how-do-i-remove-carriage-returns-from-directory-names which provided some commands for me to try.

Navigated to /mnt/user/ where the "appdata/r/r" was stored. used the command rename $'\r' '' *$'\r' to get rid of the of the carriage returns and the folder disappeared.

I was also having issues where I couldn't open files because of the constantly restarting services. This solved that problem as well.

Edited by Scheev