Setup Unraid with Chuwi Larkbox x mini pc

Hi,

I have a Chuwi Larkbox X which I did not use yet. Now I am wondering if I can use this mini PC to setup an unraid Server. My use case is pretty basic, home assistant, paperless, bitwarden, etc. The Main Problem I see is that it has only 1 SSD and no additional slot for a SSD or HDD.

I at the very beginning with unraid and hope you can give me some good advice, what can be done with this setup.

Cheers

A NAS is already Network Attached Storage, so you wouldn't really be using Unraid for NAS. You would typically put Unraid on your network, and other devices on your network such as a NAS. They wouldn't be "attached" to each other, they would be on the same network.

Unraid can access files on other devices on your network. You could use Unraid for containers and VMs, and setup a plex container, for example, and have it access its media from another device on your network.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For me it is not clear, if and how I can build a save storage array with parity in this setup.

The Mini pc hast only one ssd 500GB. If I add a NAS with two HDDs to my Network, would it be possible to build a unraid?

KR