WTF UNRAID PARITY UNSTABLE

I switched to unraid from windows thinking it would be more stable but WTF IDK if its Unraid being shitty or if its linux but windows was more stable for me when I ran my server on windows for years. Earlier tonight I got a notice that my Unraid server was offline and then when back online, later I checked my server and it only has an up time of 20 min and I am getting a warning about unsafe a shutdown. Then I noticed all my drives are writing and I check my parity and see its rebuilding parity WTF WTF!!!! This is the second time I have lost parity in about 6 weeks. I am at the point where I am thinking about getting my money back(canceling my recent credit card licence order due to faulty software) and going to proxmox.

Has anyone else had issues with random reboots and loosing parity. This is really frustrating. im running 6.12.8 FYI

The parity rebuild happens because the unclean shutdown before. This is a feature, not a bug.

So, you should find out, what triggers the shutdown, diagnostics could help, else its only a view in the cristal ball.

WIth proper hardware and not too wild configuration, UNRAID runs stable for ages as many people here can tell you.

2 hours ago, ksullivan86 said:

Has anyone else had issues with random reboots and loosing parity.

You are not loosing parity - Unraid is checking it because your system rebooted itself unexpectedly so Unraid no longer knows for certain that it is completely in sync with your data.   You will find that your disks are reading (not writing) during this process.

If you actually got a reboot (rather than a system freeze) this is almost certainly hardware related with the most likely culprits being power and cooling (which can cause a thermal shutdown).

One thing you can do is enable the syslog server so that you can get a syslog that survives a reboot to see if anything leading up to the reboot looks to be significant.   However if the reboot is caused by hardware there will probably be nothing to show in it.