Random Crashing - In need of help

Good morning,

my old PC got turned into an unraid server a while ago. everything was running smoothly. up until last week. (now ive even tried windows and a fresh install of unraid)

The PC after say 10-20 mins will just freeze and i have to hit the restart button.

ive done 5 memtests in total, 4 of which is with each stick of ram and then all 4 in all of which have passed.

ive removed GPU, NVME's HBA cardand ran it bare bones and still happens.

ive uploaded my syslog and syslog-prev

any help would be very much appreciated.

Unraid 6.12.8

CPU: AMD 5900x

MB: asus crosshair viii hero wifi

RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 16x4

GPU: AMD XFX 6700xt 

NVME: ADATA 1Tb

SSD: NTEC 2Tb

HBA: LSI 9300 16i (this has a 6 pin to power it) 8 HDD's attached but these are powered in another box)

PSU: Asus 750w

Thank you in advance.

woden-syslog-previous-20240324-1805.zip woden-syslog-20240324-1801.zip

Edited by tankknat

Yeah I’ve done a memtest on each stick, then a pair and then all 4. Every test passed.

ive gone with only one drive in also.

yesterday setup with everything and it lasted maybe 5-6 hrs with downloads going all drives going parity check all fine, and then randomly just froze again and now it does it every 10-15 mins.

ive even tried a different gpu 

17 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I would start by running with just a stick of RAM, if the same try a different one, that will basically rule out a RAM problem.

ok ive now done each stick of ram, problem persists. how ever i after having the computer off for a few hours. it was able to run for a few hours and i had 5-6plex streams going, and thenit crashed. after that it started to crash every 5-15 mins with 0 stream happening.

So I’ve ordered a new psu that won’t get here for a while as it’s a long weekend here in nz.

but I thought I’d give the cpu a clean and put new thermal paste on. However after wiping the old paste off I noticed it has dropped down the side of the chip slightly and on one side it looks wet.

IMG_2211.jpeg