screwed upgrading single cache drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

hey there,

So I am trying to upgrade a kingston 240GB ssd to a 800GB intel ssd for my cache drive and I think I screwed up big time. I misunderstood the instructions and how primary and secondary storage worked. I thought that the way it worked was that if you had data on your cache drive as primary, it would spill over to your array if your cache became full if you had your array as secondary.

with that flawed logic in my head, this would never work, i thought:

For v6.12.0 or newer: Click on all shares that are using the pool you want to empty and change them to have the pool as primary storage, array as secondary storage and mover action set to move from pool to array

as step four from here: 

So what I did instead was I did:
cp -a /mnt/cache/. /mnt/disk12/temp_backup/

after that completed, I shut down, installed the new disk, but it showed me this:

Capture.jpg

I went ahead and clicked yes and started the array, and when i did cp -a /mnt/disk12/temp_backup/. /mnt/cache/ everything looked like it was going to work, except for the fact that there was an error, it said something like "cannot copy swap, text in use" or something similar. I should have screenshotted it, but it said something to that effect. 

I went to my dockers and found nothing there. I attempted to correct the paths from /mnt/user/ back to /mnt/cache (where I had them before the drive swap) and it just would not start no matter what.

I attempted to do an appdata backup/restore plugin restore but it wouldnt work either.

So, just wanting my dockers to work again I attempted putting the old cache drive back in, but of course when i boot up the array doesnt come online and it says that the cache drive is missing. selecting the original (smaller) cache drive says its "wrong".

Selecting no drive gives me the option of starting the array, but says
"Start will remove the missing cache disk and then bring the array on-line.
Yes, I want to do this"

Can anyone assist me in fixing this? I know its my own fault, I dont have anyone to blame but myself. The thing is tho, I dont care about any of the data on the array except for the dockers. they lived on the cache drive, and backups of them were made to the array. If it makes things simpler I dont mind wiping everything if i can just get a couple of the dockers back again. Diagnostics attached

monte3-diagnostics-20240327-2131.zip

Hey there,

Thank you so much, that has brought my cache drive back, and i can see all of the data in it, but when i point 

Default appdata storage location to /mnt/cache/appdata (where I can see all of my dockers) and try to start docker, it still comes up with no dockers. Am I still able to recover them at this point?