Permission issues (I think!)

Hi all,

I've looked through the threads I can find around permissions but still at a loss. I'm finding that I pretty much cannot delete anything on my unRAID server (running beta13, upgraded from 5 beta 12a which had the same issue).

Every time I get permission related error. I'm running from a Mac and have the same trouble if accessing via afp or smb. I've re-run the permissions script and also checked the permissions of the folders when troubles come up but it seems to be intermittent and ongoing to the point its somewhat unworkable.

Any pointers??

Thanks,

Alex.

• 4 months later...

Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm having this issue as well. Every time I've tried to delete a folder from my unRAID share, I get prompted for a user name and password. I've tried both my system username and password as well as the root username and password from my unRAID server. But neither works. I get an error about insufficient rights. I've had to resort to using a terminal window to delete folders.

I've tried rebooting both my mac as well as my server several times, but no luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be the problem here?

This might be embarrassing  :-[, but the only user that's currently setup is the root user. However, when prompted for a user ID and password when trying to delete a file from my Mac, I entered the root user ID and password.

I'm migrating quite a bit of data now so I'm a little nervous about changing user permissions, but as soon as that finishes I'll try adding another user, and I'll see if I have any better luck with that.