Noob Q: Change Docker Config Paths

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

So, mainly for a sanity check...

I setup a share for Appdata and use the /mnt/user/Appdata paths in my dockers for the various /config settings.

Is it safe to assume (in general, and same files exist) that I can just change these to say /mnt/cache?

I also created a share specifically for Plex, mostly due to backup/size.   I assume I could move this data, change the docker paths and just restart the dockers?

I am pretty sure this is the whole point of mount/relative paths but wanted to just make sure (well in general, I know each app is different).

• Solution
3 hours ago, dandirk said:

Is it safe to assume (in general, and same files exist) that I can just change these to say /mnt/cache?

It is probably best (and safer) to leave it set to /mnt/user and use the Exclusive Share option that is now part of the 6.12.x releases.

That gets the same performance advantages as would be given by /mnt/cache and is less likely to be something you might overlook in the future when making changes.