Verdict on LCC and Seagate Exos

Hi,

Have been running 2x 10TB Seagate Exos in my array for nearly two years. I never messed with EPC/powerBalance or any of that. They've been parking their heads as they are known to do, and have clocked up over 20k LCC during that time - 10x the amount of some WD Reds I have with 8 years power on time. The Exos have been performing great, no issues. Reading up on this on Reddit, there seems to be range of opinions, but mostly divided between people that freak out and load up seatools to disable EPC, and people who are not fussed as the drives are rated to over 600k LCC. I've been getting around to converting some drives to ZFS this week, and am wondering if I should bother trying to lower the rate of LCC on them? Being rated at 600k LCC, I won't be hitting that for years if at all with these drives, but people have me paranoid.

1.png

2.png

I have 3 x X20 20TB, they have been running for about 6 months and have LCC ranging between 600 and 800.

I would assume your 10TBs may be an older generation?
It looks like they made it less aggressive on X20.

I haven't tampered with anything other than spinning disks down after an hour of inactivity, but two of them are my parity drives and they are in the same range as the one that's just a member of the array