Introducing a Script to Bridge Overseer and Jellyfin for Enhanced Streaming Experience

Hello, everyone!

I'm excited to share a script I've developed that bridges the functionality of Overseer with Jellyfin, inspired by the seamless downloading feature available in Plex. My script enables users to list TV shows from any streaming provider, creating placeholder folders for these shows within Jellyfin. This makes the shows appear as if they are already downloaded, enhancing the browsing experience.

NOTE: i havent seen anything similar to this so dont attack me please 😇

As of right now this only work with TV shows, movies are coming next 

Here is the GITHUB link: Overseer-and-Jellyfin-Bridged

image.png.c9b10e043b4c6cea5a0531a213250668.pngimage.thumb.png.ba2942a128f24fcf37476f55ad89246c.png

How It Works:

- Create a library in Jellyfin, such as "Netflix". This library will then display all Netflix shows as placeholders, giving the impression that they are available for streaming.
- If you find a show you're interested in, simply mark it as a favorite. The script will automatically send a download request to Overseer, starting the download process.

Initial Setup Requirements:

1. Manually create a folder for the streaming service (e.g., Netflix) in your main Jellyfin media directory.
2. Add the path of this newly created folder (e.g., the Netflix folder path) into the script.
3. Install the UserScripts plugin in Unraid.
4. Obtain the "network ID" from the Overseer URL when selecting a streaming service.

Next Steps:

After setting up, run the script and perform a library scan in Jellyfin. You'll see your library populate with content from the selected streaming services, ready for you to enjoy.

Call for Collaboration:

I'm looking forward to transforming this script into a Jellyfin plugin and would greatly appreciate any help with this project. This development aims to simplify the process, making it user-friendly for even those with no Python experience.

Your input and collaboration would be incredibly valuable in making streaming more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.

Excited to hear your thoughts and looking forward to making streaming better together!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...