Help diagnosing Machine Check Events

open terminal what is the output of mcelog

are you running a amd processor. Then sorry unraid doesn't have the tools to check...

90% of the time this is a ram stick memory error or ECC correction reported that it corrected memory.

run a memtest....

Edited by bmartino1
3 hours ago, bmartino1 said:

open terminal what is the output of mcelog

are you running a amd processor. Then sorry unraid doesn't have the tools to check...

90% of the time this is a ram stick memory error or ECC correction reported that it corrected memory.

run a memtest....

I have an intel CPU. When I open console and type mcelog and hit enter nothing happens.

I ran a memtest when I first got the ram but will do so again.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.51.08 PM.png

a reboot of the system will clear any hardware events, a diagnosic pull may download the previous boot and may show the old syslog.

if mcelog is blank, their are no hw events.

Sounds like you received a ECC memory correction and unraid log is in verbose so it will notify you in dmesg - syslog that the memory was corrected.

My server has been online for 17 days. I got the email about the error from the plugin Fix Common Problems earlier this morning.

I uploaded my diagnostic in the original post.

I don't have ECC memory. This is the memory I have https://www.newegg.com/team-64gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820331496?Item=N82E16820331496

I've gotten an email with this error from this plugin many times before and (perhaps foolishly) have ignored it up until this point.