Need advice upgrading

Hi all,

I installed 6.8.3 years ago, and it was working great. Haven't touched it now for like 3 years as I shut it down whilst we were building a house. Dusted the server off just now and have it up and going. Should I upgrade ? And if so, how do I do that ?

cheers.

Easiest way would be to use the manual upgrade method described here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom.   Before doing that make a backup of your current flash drive contents just in case you want to revert for some reason.

Before updating you should first make sure any plugins you are using are up-to-date.   If after updating you have trouble booting then try booting in Safe Mode (which avoids loading plugins)  to see if there is a plugin you were using that is nor compatible with the latest release.  If that happens posting diagnostics would be the best way to get quick guidance on what plugins might be the issue. 

On 5/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, itimpi said:

Easiest way would be to use the manual upgrade method described here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom.   Before doing that make a backup of your current flash drive contents just in case you want to revert for some reason.

Before updating you should first make sure any plugins you are using are up-to-date.   If after updating you have trouble booting then try booting in Safe Mode (which avoids loading plugins)  to see if there is a plugin you were using that is nor compatible with the latest release.  If that happens posting diagnostics would be the best way to get quick guidance on what plugins might be the issue. 

Thanks mate, all sorted and worked well !