Some questions about unraid in general [Solved]

cpny

Greetings , i'm building a rather large server (going to start with 5 drives or so but going 20+) and decided to test the free version of unraid and i'm left with some questions :

Is there no way for the drives to be mounted as one ? right now i have the free version so 2 drives and a parity and i have /mnt/disk1 and /mnt/disk2 , is there no way for it to work like a raid and mount a raid with all the drives on let's say /Media ?

Also if i buy unraid i can delete the stuff inside the flash in case i mess up or wish to upgrade versions just not format it or ?

Installed irssi on it and then added a user with useradd , but looks like it the home folder is unmounted every time i reboot (don't want to run irssi as root) , any way around that ?

For now those are the more glaring doubts , thank you very much

If you enable user shares, the multiple mount points can be viewed as one.

You would access \\tower\media

or /mnt/user/media

regarding /home. The root filesystem is on a ram disk.

Therefore you have to redirect /home to another folder on your array, another drive that is manually mounted or tar it on shutdown and tar it back on startup.

also,

you can just delete files on the flash and recopy them, you do not have to reformat the flash every time.

Archived