trouble with linux vm and gpu passthrought

been pulling my hair out last 2 weeks.

I am trying to setup a Linux VM with GPU passthrough and use remote desktop to connect to it (no machine) I can get the VM setup with no machine a connect to it without problems but as soon as I try adding the GPU into the mix I get the bellow problems iv tried spaceinvader video on advanced passthrough with the multifunction but I am just getting nowhere with this at all. 

my setup is a gtx 970 in primary PCIE slot

and I have a 3gb quadro card next slot down for my jellyfin transcoding wich works fine with that 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 142136.png

Screenshot 2024-05-06 142216.png

4 hours ago, dave234ee said:

been pulling my hair out last 2 weeks.

I am trying to setup a Linux VM with GPU passthrough and use remote desktop to connect to it (no machine) I can get the VM setup with no machine a connect to it without problems but as soon as I try adding the GPU into the mix I get the bellow problems iv tried spaceinvader video on advanced passthrough with the multifunction but I am just getting nowhere with this at all. 

my setup is a gtx 970 in primary PCIE slot

and I have a 3gb quadro card next slot down for my jellyfin transcoding wich works fine with that 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 142136.png

Screenshot 2024-05-06 142216.png

It is saying that 0a:00.3 has a dependancy on .0a:00.0 are you trying to passthru motherboard audio aswell as the gpu audio?

yeah i was sorry never seen that there. even after removing this I still cant get a remote connection when adding in the GPU I am going to stick a monitor on the GPU to see what is actually happening