Embarking on Migration, Dell NIC bond issues / R730

Posted (edited)

Hey all and Thanks in advance

Im currently embarking on migrating my existing unraid setup into new hardware in the form of a Dell R730

Prior to the migration, I am conducting hardware tests to ensure smooth transition once I migrate (e.g HBA mode compatibility, hardware recognition and compatibility) 

Now the only roadblock I am coming across is DHCP auto discover issues so naturally the IP will default to 169.254.x.x. when setting Static IP, pinging of the server wont work, but what I am identifying which i've not seen before is eth0 is linked to a USB Device. Now eth0 cannot be unbonded from the link so its got me stumped

anyone come across this issue and can give some insight/guidance?

IMG-7892.jpg

Edited by Enigmatical
image change

Thanks JorgB, I have worked this out. One of those slap head moments and Very simple. The conflict was iDRAC and its bios setting for OS passthrough, I worked out I had to disable it for passthrough as it runs on the same IP range (169.254.x.x) which is the same for unraid when you cannot get a DHCP response. Thats what confused me... problem now solved.

• Like 1