Moving from small to large disk and capturing files in the share

Hi all,

I want to replace two hard disks (1 and 2) from my array with larger ones. I have therefore used Unbalanced to copy the contents of the first hard disk (1) to another larger hard disk (3) in the array. This larger hard disk (3) already contained files in the same folder structure that are also embedded in the share.
After copying, all files are now on the large hard disk (3) but the share does not recognize these files. Is there a way to force the share to recapture all files on a disk?
And how can I do it better? Is it better to copy the files on the small disk (1 or 2) to a disk that is not yet assigned to a share? In order to include the complete disk in the share after the complete copying?

Regards,

seyz

On 5/14/2024 at 9:25 AM, seyz said:

I want to replace two hard disks (1 and 2) from my array with larger ones. I have therefore used Unbalanced to copy the contents of the first hard disk (1) to another larger hard disk (3) in the array.

Why not just replace the two disks one at a time and let them rebuild from parity?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Why not just replace the two disks one at a time and let them rebuild from parity?

This ☝️

Just did this going from a 4tb WD Red to a 10tb WD White label. Took 3 days for the rebuild. Didnt have to do anything but select the "unassigned disk" from the "Main" menu after unraid booted back up.

Note: Check the serial no. of the disk you wanna replace first from the Unraid Main menu. I had 3 wd reds all same size. Serial no. was needed before shutdown.