Server down - No space left on device

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all,

I urgently need some help.

I just noticed my Unraid server being down.

Web daemon doesn't show any pages anymore, nor can I ping it.

When hooking up a monitor and keyboard, I do get the prompt, asking me to login.

When I do so with an incorrect user/pass, it tells me it is incorrect. (as expected)

When I use the correct one, it echoes:

"Write lastlog failed; No space left on device"

..and does not let me login, and returns to the login prompt.

What should I do? Tried to query for the error, but I find cases where people still could login.

Haven't tried to just turn it off and on again, but also not sure whether I should..

Thanks in advance, very much appreciated!

Just now, JorgeB said:

Type reboot in the CLI, if it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes you will need to force it, then see if it comes back normally.

I did type in reboot, but the only place I could type anything was the field 'user'.

Not sure if that would actually do anything? Haven't been around for 5mins after that, so I will go check whether anything actually happened.. :) brb

Well, as I was getting up from my chair, I could see the ping was still open suddenly come to live. Also the web front end is loading again, like normal..

Quite happy now to be honest, thank you so much!

Perhaps one more question though, as I have never had this before in the 4? years I have been using Unraid till now.

I do not see any notifications, all shares are up, all VMs are, all docker containers are... As if nothing ever happened..

Should I check/do anything?

What however has been the case for the past weeks however is that log is 100% filled (128MiB). Not sure if that could be related, and if/what I could/should do about it?