Install Crashes - Beelink EQ12

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I am trying to install Unraid 6.12.10 onto a brand new Beelink EQ12 machine(https://a.co/d/2guYPQk). During the first time setup, it seems to crash and gives me a black screen without finishing the setup. From what I've read/watched online, the logs should remain and I should be able to see the IP address of the running server.

I will try and provide as much detail as needed, but it's difficult since the screen goes black and I can't read the logs.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try booting the flashg drive in another PC to confirm it's booting, if it is, it may be some compatibility issue with the kernel.

Ok I think this is the issue! I tried with a different PC and it was able to get to the end without a black screen.

Now my issue is that there's no IPv4/IPv6 address being set, but I think that's ok. I don't need to troubleshoot that issue on this PC since I won't be using it for Unraid.

This is quite unfortunate, since I thought Beelinks were really good for using with Unraid. Thankfully I only bought it a few days ago so I guess I'm returning it and starting from scratch.

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot Jorge!

4 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's possible that it will work with v6.13, the beta should be out soon, and it will include a very different and newer kernel.

That's good to know. I guess for the time being I'll just need to wait and try again in the future.