Elevated Error Count on Every Parity Check

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

2 hours ago, LOF_HWalker said:

The parity checks are set to correct errors, so I think these are new errors every time.

Are these manual or scheduled checks?    There is a bug where scheduled ones always run as none-correcting regardless of what you specify.

having said that we always recommend that scheduled checks ARE set to be non-correcting so that you do not get hardware playing up and corrupting parity before you realise anything has gone wrong.   Then only run correcting checks manually when you are reasonably certain you have no hardware problem.

BTW:  if you have the Parity Check Tuning plugin installed, even if you use none of its features you will find that for any new checks the history entries will be enhanced to tell you both how the check was started and whether it was actually correcting or not.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Start by running memtest.

Embarrassed that I didn't think of this, it failed so I'll get some new RAM in there ASAP.

51 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Are these manual or scheduled checks?    There is a bug where scheduled ones always run as none-correcting regardless of what you specify.

having said that we always recommend that scheduled checks ARE set to be non-correcting so that you do not get hardware playing up and corrupting parity before you realise anything has gone wrong.   Then only run correcting checks manually when you are reasonably certain you have no hardware problem.

BTW:  if you have the Parity Check Tuning plugin installed, even if you use none of its features you will find that for any new checks the history entries will be enhanced to tell you both how the check was started and whether it was actually correcting or not.

They are scheduled, but I was wrong, I did already have them set to non-correcting so I will leave them that way.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1