Docker Service failed to start.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I have a problem where my docker page only says "Docker Service failed to start." but it looks like the programs are still running.

e.g. Sonarr still loads pages but has many connection errors, and Plex still streams shows.

The issue seemed to start after I got reallocated sectors on my cache drive. since then I have moved everything off that drive and recreated the docker image a few times.

I ran memtest for 1 pass, 0 issues.

tower-diagnostics-20240610-2157.zip

since last time:

I have rebooted

I did an error check using a Mac and Windows PC on the USB key.  ( no errors found)

It worked for a while, but now it shows "Docker Service failed to start."

However the containers are still running, but limited/no network connectivity.

Sonaar and Radarr, still load, but can't communicate to anything. Deluge is still downloading, and Plex still plays.

tower-diagnostics-20240612-0919.zip

no docker.JPG

• Solution
Jun 12 00:23:05 Tower kernel: SQUASHFS error: xz decompression failed, data probably corrupt
Jun 12 00:23:05 Tower kernel: SQUASHFS error: Failed to read block 0x270a57c: -5
Jun 12 00:23:05 Tower kernel: SQUASHFS error: xz decompression failed, data probably corrupt
Jun 12 00:23:05 Tower kernel: SQUASHFS error: Failed to read block 0x270a57c: -5

These usually mean a flash drive problem, you can try redoing it, if the errors persist, you will need to replace it.