Folder Mapping - Radarr, Docker, SABnzbd

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Looks like lots of people have had issues with this type of thing, but I haven't been able to resolve it from other posts. All my docker apps appear to be mapped the same, including the SABnzbd, with the /mnt/user/Total_Library/Downloads/ utilized.

image.thumb.png.07d12e723135c4bf6f2b1a30448dc99d.png

However I'm getting the Radarr error "You are using docker; download client SABnzbd places downloads in /config/Downloads/complete but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings."

SABnzbd is using Download/incomplete and Downloads/complete. Ideally I would like completed downloads to end up in the /mnt/user/Total_Library/Downloads/ directory, and incomplete downloads stored somewhere (anywhere) else.

image.png.b4f6f3fb069d29be223b5eb4d74ed014.png

Its says using absolute paths can go outside default folders, since all of them are located in the /config base folder, however when trying to use absolute paths I get an error saying that pathways cannot be created.

I'm still new to all this so I've having a difficult time wrapping my head around the issue or how to resolve it. Any suggestions are appreciated!

2 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Try changing the base folder to /data instead of /config

I don't seem to be able to alter the /config in docker, container path is set as /config:

image.thumb.png.aee90a0c805d7ffe955c278e791732de.png

or in SAB settings from anything I can find? I found this on the SAB forum, but can't seem to find the spot its referencing:

image.thumb.png.678d498f2b6aaf6208c7203c29bb04c3.png

18 hours ago, nugget_35 said:

Its says using absolute paths can go outside default folders, since all of them are located in the /config base folder, however when trying to use absolute paths I get an error saying that pathways cannot be created.

That's because the absolute path you are using isn't correct.

You are mapping /data to /mnt/user/Total_Library/Downloads/, so if you want the completed downloads to go there, the absolute path is /data

and for incomplete downloads, the absolute path is /data/incomplete

mapping is path substitution. container side = visible inside container. host side = where those files appear on the host.

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

That's because the absolute path you are using isn't correct.

You are mapping /data to /mnt/user/Total_Library/Downloads/, so if you want the completed downloads to go there, the absolute path is /data

and for incomplete downloads, the absolute path is /data/incomplete

mapping is path substitution. container side = visible inside container. host side = where those files appear on the host.

Ok, so I created the path for /data/complete and /data/incomplete. The system did not want to allow me to do so via SAB settings, it threw and error, and file explorer would not let me do it for some permissions related reason saying I didn't have permission to change that directory (even though it's located under my share that I have read/write user access to).

I was able to use terminal to create those two folders manually, and SAB now recognizes the absolute path as valid. So based on my limited understanding I believe the issue should be resolved, as long as I don't run into permissions issues within that directory for the files being moved in or out.