Asrock 770DE+ S3 and WOL

leg0

Recently built my first unraid server using this board, Athlon X2 4000 and 2GB of DDR2 800 RAM. I added a low power PCI-E fanless video card lying around. Also have a SASLP MV8 in the other PCIE slot. I got unraid 4.7 to work flawlessly with unmenu, sickbeard and sab. However when I tried to add sleep functionality I experienced problems.

1. When using the "echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep" method, I can get it to S3, wakeup using WOLcmd on a win7 machine. But it would come up without video, I cannot telnet to it nor connect through the GUI. I added to "restart" command as suggested by Joe L. without success.

2. When using the s2ram method, sending a magic packet does not wake the server. But pressing the power button does bring it back to life and resumes the s3 script. I have video, telnet and gui working. Tried diff combinations of -f -p -m without success.

At this point have basically tried every setting on the bios without success. But since a few  people here have used this mb, I was hoping they could chime in regarding their experience.

On the other hand I have spent so much time getting s3 and WOL to work on this board that I am thinking to just replace it with a diff one. Anybody has a Biostar 760G working with S3 and WOL?

Thanks

Archived