Slow transfer speeds from Synology to Unraid

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I am trying to transfer files from a synology 1812+ to my unraid server. Even if i have array stopped i do not get above 30mbps, also tried to an nvme and just the same 30mpbs.

I am using powerline adapters but the link is showing 500mbps so dont think that is the issue. I have a gigabit switch and all  works perfect involving the synology. When i play back high bit rate video to my zidoo player also get buffering at rates 100mbps and above again with synology was never an issue.

I have tried different settings with the tweaks plugin am i missing something?

first problem i enter iperf3 -s

then i get an error unable to start listener for connections: Address already in use

Also the above video is between two unraid servers i have synology and an unraid server, this is way above my head.

Yeah, I'm not sure if you can run iperf on Synology, but most likley the problem are the powerline adapters, link speed is not the same as actual transfer speed, it's like WiFi, see if you can connected them directly, even if just for testing.

38 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if you can run iperf on Synology, but most likley the problem are the powerline adapters, link speed is not the same as actual transfer speed, it's like WiFi, see if you can connected them directly, even if just for testing.

Yea will try when get a chance, hope it's not the adapters because no room to move server elsewhere. The adapters you run a utility on laptop with ethernet cable plugged in to test the network and shows 500mbs so really cannot be the issue.