Unraid not seeing my NVME drive after update (see it it BIOS)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

This is my first post and hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction since this is such a great community.  I updated my Unraid OS (been running well for over a year) the other day and everything seem to go OK except its no longer is seeing my NVME drive I use for my Windows VM (used SpaceInvader One instructions).  Still seeing the NVME drive in BIOS so thinking its something on the Unraid config side.  I went through the syslog and not seeing anything.  I checked the System Devices and its seeing the controller "[144d:a808] 02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller SM981/PM981/PM983" but nothing in the vfio.log...  Attached is my dianostics file and really appreciate any recommendations!

Thank You,

- BIll

tower-diagnostics-20240623-1556.zip

• Solution

The NVMe device is bound to vfio-pci, unbind it, and also check that Asmedia controller, in case it's also bound by mistake:

02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller [0108]: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller SM981/PM981/PM983 [144d:a808]
    Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd SSD 970 EVO/PRO [144d:a801]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
    Kernel modules: nvme
03:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1061/ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:0612] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:1060]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
    Kernel modules: ahci