Increasing Number of Parity Check Errors

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi I was running a regular parity check and noticed a small number of errors that were corrected. Afterwards I ran a second check without writing the corrections to parity to make sure the first check resolved everything and now there seems to be significantly more errors 600+. I'm not sure what the cause might be or what next steps I should take. I'm running 6.12.10.

egghouse-diagnostics-20240715-1246.zip egghouse-smart-20240715-1015.zip egghouse-smart-20240715-1014.zip egghouse-smart-20240715-1016.zip

memtest is only definitive if it finds errors, if you have multiple sticks try using the server with just one, then run a correcting check followed by a non correcitng one, if the 2nd one still detects new errors repeat with a different stick.

Posted (edited)

So I pulled one stick of RAM and then started a correcting check and it seemed like that was going to be the solution it found fewer errors than it had previously, but then the parity check seems to have stalled out at 90% and the current speed is <1 MB/S. I paused it(or well tried to pause it, I don't think unraid is actually pausing it) as I wasn't really sure what else to do about this and grabbed the diagnostics. When I first noticed it slowed down last night I double checked all my docker and containers to make sure they were all paused and that nothing else was writing to the disk and it doesn't seem like anything is.

image.png

egghouse-diagnostics-20240717-0710.zip

Edited by S.Ilver