Migrating to new, larger drives

so I'm in the process of moving to larger drives and then reducing my drive count.

I've migrated data from two data drives (4TB) to a larger 16TB, but I still have 4.02GB showing on each of these old drives in the web gui that definitely do not have data (du confirms 0 bytes).  I just wanted a sanity check that this is normal and fine and that I can just restart the array without these guys and let it do its thing for parity.

3 minutes ago, Abzstrak said:

so I'm in the process of moving to larger drives and then reducing my drive count.

I've migrated data from two data drives (4TB) to a larger 16TB, but I still have 4.02GB showing on each of these old drives in the web gui that definitely do not have data (du confirms 0 bytes).  I just wanted a sanity check that this is normal and fine and that I can just restart the array without these guys and let it do its thing for parity.

That sounds about right.   There will always remain some space used (around 1% of drive size is typical) due to file system overheads of maintaining directory structure.    Just check there are no files left on the drive.