Sas drives from array appear as unassigned devices

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I recently added 4 10TB sas drives to my system and while I was poking around updated my plug-ins then I disabled all plugins and containers. I replaced my parity drives with two of the 10Tb drives, rebuilt parity then added the other two as well as the two old 8TB parity drives. Once everything was formated and set up I turned on plugins and now I have my 4 10TB sas drives as well as a 4TB sas drive appearing in unassigned devices with a grey Array box. I've tried re-installing unassigned devices making sure to clear the previous assignment (red X), but it always comes back to the same regardless of reboots, new config and plug-in re-installion, extended smart tests passed. The array seems to work fine. To reiterate, only the sas drives are doing this the sata drive seem fine. Should I be concerned, is this part of the new version, or is there something else going on.

Screenshot_20240718_233839_Chrome.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20240718-2338.zip

Edited by TheCptn
Grammar
  • Solution
Jul 18 22:30:21 Tower emhttpd: device /dev/sde problem getting id

This means Unraid is seeing some devices twice, this will happen if you have multiple cables connected to an enclosure, Unraid does not support SAS multipath, so make sure there's only one cable going from the server to the enclosure.