ZFS Cache Pool SMART Error

I created a ZSF Cache Pool on my Unraid server (6.12.11). One of the drives in the Pool had a SMART error. I went ahead and replaced the drive (Kingston SSD), the pool was rebuilt, and the new drive still shows the SMART error.  Is there something I need to do to clear the error, I suppose I could have another bad drive, but I don't think so.  I reran the SMART test and no errors were found on the new drive. The Main screen shows everything is fine, the Dashboard says "Pool has 1 SMART error" and shows the thumbs down error on the new drive. I suppose the SATA cable could be bad, I haven't tried replacing that, but I'm hoping I just need to run a command to clear the error.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted (edited)

The CACHE_SSD pool has the smart error, and within it Cache_ssd 3 has an error.  I recently created the pool, and used two older drives and added a new drive.  The new drive immediately showed a smart error.  I ran a test and didn't see any errors. Since the drives are only $20, I just figured I must have gotten a bad drive, ordered anther drive and just replaced the drive showing the error yesterday.  When I started the arrays, It continued to show and error on Cache_ssd 3.  Should the smart error clear when the drive is replaced, or do I need to run a command to clear it, or is it anther bad drive, or is it more indicative of a SATA port/cable problem?

Thanks

Edited by Steve Ford
8 minutes ago, Steve Ford said:

It continued to show and error on Cache_ssd 3.

And like mentioned that SSD has SMART issues, so that's normal, BTW, in my experience those Kingston SSDs are some of the worst quality SSDs you can get from a known brand.

ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAGS    VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
169 Bad_Block_Rate          ------   100   100   000    -    41
199 SATA_CRC_Error_Count    -O--CK   100   100   000    -    131132

I assume Unraid is only flagging the CRC errors, which are usually a cable problem, the other one is more serious, especially if it keeps rising.