Can't get into unraid web management

Ryan00

I using unraid 4.7 and for some reason on any windows computer i cant get into the unraid web management, now this only happens when i set a password under users, I still have the user name set to root but i set a password, now i can access web management on my android tab and my android phone, also can access web management on my ipod 4th gen . However when i try from a windows pc and type the ip adderss in the browser i get nothing. I can access the server from winodws in my computer or desktop with a mapped drive, and i can write and read from the server fine from a windows pc, I can also access unmenu on a windows pc fine and when i ping the ip adderss everything looks fine their too. Any idea why i cant access web management on any windows pc's but can access this on a android tab or phone/ipod fine ?

ESET  Security?

Nope,and I turned firewall off also went to settings in the unraid web mang  and set yes to local master still nothing. Made sure my workgroup is set right and it is. Tryed to set it by the hosts file in windows 7 and got access denied won't let me write to it.

ESET  Security?

Nope,and I turned firewall off also went to settings in the unraid web mang  and set yes to local master still nothing. Made sure my workgroup is set right and it is. Tryed to set it by the hosts file in windows 7 and got access denied won't let me write to it.

OK had to turn off UAC to edit the hosts file in windows but that didn't do anything either

No one ever ran into this problem?

Only when the DNS server on the router got set to one that attempted to re-direct all unknown hosts to the ISP's web-search-page.

Typically, when you reset the unRAID security, you'll need to reboot the windows PCs AND the router, as they keep remembering the old settings.

No one ever ran into this problem?

Only when the DNS server on the router got set to one that attempted to re-direct all unknown hosts to the ISP's web-search-page.

Typically, when you reset the unRAID security, you'll need to reboot the windows PCs AND the router, as they keep remembering the old settings.

Do you think I should remove the password then set a new password and restart the router and computer ?

Archived